Sunday, September 16, 2012

Part 2

I made Quincy's appointment for first thing in the morning. I had hoped that we could just make it a quick trip in to the doctors office and then I could make it to work by the time we opened. Well, as it turned out I wouldn't return to work for a week.
I always hate sitting in the waiting room. I hate even more sitting in those little rooms waiting for for the doctor to come in. That morning we ended up sitting in one of those rooms for what seemed like for ever.
The nurse called Q's name. We did the small talk on the way to the room about what was going on. I was telling her some of Q's symptoms. She started to get really quiet. She took all the vitals. She mentioned that Q had lost a bit of weight. Then she said I am going to get he doctor, he will be right in. He literally was in the room within seconds. I remember thinking how odd that was. He's never that fast. I told him everything that was going on. He asked Q to do a urine sample. So we tried. She wouldn't go pee. Are you kidding me. This from the kid that has been peeing all the time. So we sat in that little room for a little while in hopes that she would have to go. Nothing.
We must have been there a least a hour by this point. I was going to be late for work. I hate being late for anything. They still hadn't said anything to me as to what was wrong either. Dr U finally came back in. He said since she had not gone to the bathroom we needed to do some lab work. The nurse came back in. I remember thinking she wasn't smiling anymore. She always smiled. That's when I started to get worried. We went down to the lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment